Sunday, January 30, 2011

Experience, Success, Learning, Love & Family

These are the things I strive for always. To me nothing else in this world matters. Sometimes I find myself so far, far away from my values. I get caught up in work, life...but mostly I get caught up in myself. Journaling really helps me to realize how far astray I am going, or helps me realize what is good in my life, or bad in my life. But, my favorite thing to do is to read. I have a handful of books that I take with me everywhere and read several times a year-- purely for inspiration. Some of these books have accompanied me to England for my grandfather's funeral, to college-- off on my own, on crazy roadtrips, they've been with me during ups and downs in my homelife and even across the world to Asia. I've always been really interested in experience. To some it is called adventures, but I like to experience. Experience helps me learn. It helps me learn more about this world, its people and life. In one of my favorite books called "Standing For Something" by Gordon B. Hinckley he says "...it is desirable to be informed, to be educated, to increase one's understanding about the world and its peoples."

Today, I was doing my laundry and was thinking how happy I am. I am very content handwashing my clothes, adding coal to the fire after every load, sweeping up coal and dung dust-- making my humble abode clean and presentable. It makes me happy. I feel that my life has been successful. I have been able to accomplish everything I've dreamed of. I am still dreaming and will never stop-- so I will always have something to strive for, something to make me feel this success. The best part of this is my husband. Our life goals are very similar and without him I wouldn't have been able to experience any of this.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Your life is an amazing success ! yours and Justin's both!