Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spring, Spring, Spring, Spring, Spring!!

This has been an awesome break. I can't tell you how happy I feel. The warmer the days get the more my zombie-ways melt. I didn't even realize how stuck in a rut I was. Man, I didn't even know. It's as if I literally am finally waking up. It feels amazing! I have energy and purpose! If only this picture was true:
But, looking at it makes me happy anyway.

Our break isn't even over yet. Some of our PCV friends from the south Gobi, from northern Mongolia, and central Mongolia are coming to stay with us for the weekend. It will be so nice to see them and hang out(in the sunshine!). I want to bake everything for them. I think we'll have biscuits and gravy, oatmeal raisin cookies, some spring biscotti (I'm attempting to make the biscotti for the first time today. I am a little nervous, but it looks oh-so-good!), and whatever else they love. Food is very important to us PCVs, I wish you could sit and listen to our conversations about all the foods we miss and what'd we do if we got to eat it again. Or, when we make something amazing and are eating it for the first time-- that's a funny sight to those who take all the little amazing foods of America for granted.

Here's my biscotti recipe that I will be attempting:


Here's the link to the allrecipe's recipe for Spring Biscotti


By the way, if ANYONE knows how to make Sticky Toffee Pudding, PLEASE, let me know how. I've been looking up recipe after recipe online and I just don't see one that I can fully trust. I need your help on this.

No comments: