Saturday, November 6, 2010

Hello, it's me

Hello again. I am mostly writing out of my verbal obligation to Ashlie that I would blog this weekend. It snowed again. I love the snow. It's fantastic and really brightens my day. I tend to get overdressed for the occasion. It can be the same temperature outside that it is in my ger, but if there is snow on the ground then by-God I'm dressing up for it. A scarf, four layers up top, three below, it gets rather sweaty on a walkabout. Anyway, little news to tell. Our country director and associates came to visit this week. That was fun. I really appreciate them coming to the boonies to make sure we are doing ok. My school director came over that night also and brought yogurt with a cow on the picture. Ashlie always appreciates knowing what type of animal our dairy products come from even if it is in the form of a cartoon character on the label. It's reassuring in its own way. The sausage with the dancing 3 little pigs on it was less honest, but this actually tastes like a cow's yogurt. On Monday I'm being observed by my director. If I prove worthy, I will be prepping our representative teacher for the next two weeks in what equates to the teaching Olympics for our town. And even if I'm sub par my school gets my labor for free so I don't think they give a damn. That is all for today. But tomorrow is a new day, so check the blog daily (we're trying to increase our site views monthly).

1 comment:

Rhett and Dora said...

Thanks for the updates! I love looking at your blog. I try to check it everyday. I love to see what temperature you are braving in your land. Love the side ticker with the time and weather on it. Hope you all are doing great. Daddy is here for Hayden's birthday today. He is getting baptized tomorrow. We love you guys. Daddy was sure to tell us all about you in the Mongol land! :) He sure is proud of you. Keep up the good work.