Thursday, April 7, 2011

Earth Day 2011

I just had a teachers meeting where I brought up some activities for the school to do in order to participate in Earth Day. I printed out some activities from the internet and handed them out for my teachers to look over. Then I started my convincing spiel. And blabbed on for a good few minutes because I really wanted to convince them to participate. I went on about how important it is not to litter and what can happen when there is too much litter, etc. When I finished I asked what they thought and one of my teachers said, "Don't worry, Ashlie. Ok, our school does many things in the April to clean earth." It seems that every Saturday in April is dedicated to picking up trash around the town to beautify Mandalgovi. Also, she said that two trees are planted every year in April by the gardening club students. Man, I feel like I've got it easy at my school. I seriously have one of the best school in Mongolia, I'm sure.

I missed last Saturday's picking up trash...but I'm going to be prepared this Saturday! I wonder why they didn't tell me about it??

No comments: