Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Pictures of my bday, our new home & a random drunk man.


A man passed out in the middle of a crowded market in Ulaanbaatar. people were just stepping over him--hardly noticed the drunk man.


my ger!! this is our home for two years!


our 'kitchen'. but a ger is all one room...

My new home! Our bed is too tiny for the both of us, so Justin sleeps on the floor. but he is pictured in the bed here. it was about 45 degrees this morning.




My bathroom. nice huh?



mongolian horses are so tiny!

Justin's first bite of cheese all summer long! he was so happy!

new shoes! my host family gave me and justin warm leather & camel wool slippers as a goodbye gift.


My host family at my 2nd surprise party.



Davajargle at my birthday feast (my 2nd surprise party put on by my host family!)


A hand painted set of chopsticks my two mongolian teachers gave me as a gift.

Eggplant Parmesan! my favorite dish, for my birthday!

A nice bday card that was signed by all of my friends. notice the cat, the cake and nailpolish-- they know me so well! :)


My very own Russian cake!


nice decorations for my birthday surprise party!

1 comment:

Rhett and Dora said...

loved the pictures! Hope you had a great birthday and stay warm! :)