Saturday, August 28, 2010

Hello Mandolgov!

So, (this is Justin btw) we arrived in Mandolgov last Saturday about 1:30 in the morning. I guess we got soft living next to the paved highway in Erdene, because that was the single bumpiest ride of my life. If anyone ever informs the "mikr" (Russian mini-buses) drivers of the money to be made in off-road racing, Mongolians will DOMINATE that sport. It was rather impressive the way he navigated the potholes and washouts every 50 feet for 300 km.

Anyway, we have been in Mandolgov for a week now and I really enjoy it. We are where the Gobi Desert begins and I think I may be the one person who got assigned to the desert that actually wanted to go there. My school seems pretty nice and I like all of the people I've met in town (except for one smart ass kid who always says something under his breath when he sees me, I'm going to snatch him up and spank his butt one day). We are currently debating on whether we should get internet for our ger (which is huge!) or not. It's kind of expensive (about $15/ month). Until next time...

2 comments:

Ashlie Newberry said...

Justin says the Ger is huge...do not be deceived. A ger is a ger. I have no where to run from his stinky smells!!! :)

I love you, honey!

Amy said...

Poor Ash & Stinky Justin (hehe :) -

Sure enjoy your pictures and adventures! Enjoy your lovely huge Ger and best of luck with school.
(Hurry and spank that kid!)
Love you both!