Thursday, August 12, 2010

And we're doosan! (finished!)

Justin and I had our huge final language test today. We have two and a half days left here in our little soum/ village. We were so nervous about taking this spoken test. I was practicing with my little sister, Davasoren, last night. She is sooo cute! I will miss her so much. I talked about myself to her in mongolian and after I was finished she said with such excitement " Very good, Ashlie! you are a very good Mongolian speaker!" It was so cute to see her being my teacher. She is great. After I finished talking about myself she said with a serious face 'Again.' So I repeated my 'speech' about myself about 4 times last night and practiced conversing with her. Then this morning at 8am, she came into my ger and said 'Again. Again. Again.'

The test went well. Justin and I feel like we did alright. We will get our results on Sunday (great b-day present, huh?). Not only that, but.....on Sunday we find out where we are going to be placed for the next two years! We are so excited to find out.

So now our training/ schooling is all finished. We have some playtime to actually rest and hang out with each other (other Americans). I don't know what to do with myself (well I have some mounds of clothes that need handwashing and packing, probably throw a couple pounds of mutton in my mouth, etc. )

No comments: