Monday, June 14, 2010

small town livin'

So Justin and I are in a very small town close to Ulaanbaatar. There isn't even a post office here. we're lucky there is an internet 'cafe'...So we may be able to get one about once a week. It is soooo beautiful here! we've hiked almost everyday. Everything is so green and hilly/mountainy. Justin and I both live in gers (with different host families). It is more rustic than I thought! Basically like camping out everyday. Justin and I have both milked cows, herded the cows, Justin's chopped some wood for our fires, we've taken a tumpin bath, handwashed all of our clothes--it's definitely a different life here. All of the kids are so excited that Americans live in their soum ("Soam"--small village). Anytime we're walking around they all come running to us to walk with us and talk to us. We are having a great time. It is hard at times, but we're enjoying every bit of it! I have taken a lot of pictures/videos but won't be able to post until I have a secure connection. I'll post more as soon as I can! I love you all!

2 comments:

Rhett and Dora said...

Cool! Sounds lovely and green! That does sound like a culture shock! How exciting for you to be on a big adventure. Love ya!

Amy said...

Oh Ashlie & Justin! Best of luck to you! Sounds like you are already having quite the adventure and keeping a great positive attitude. When do you guys get to live together?

Love you and pray for you!